To develop an enduring integrated above-the-line campaign for the first 18 months of the StubHub European launch. This has included developing the StubHub European communication strategy, tone of voice, campaign idea, production of all assets and media planning across out-of-home, digital-out-of-home, television, cinema, radio and print.
We conducted quantitative analysis to understand consumer perceptions of the secondary ticket marketplace and qualitative research to understand the emotional drivers for buying tickets. This led to two critical insights. Firstly, that the secondary ticket marketplace was not trusted. Secondly, that the emotional pay-off for securing a ticket to an event was being at the event itself – not the moment the ticket is secured.
The campaign idea ‘They Can’t Go, So You Can’ dramatises how the secondary ticket marketplace works in a irreverent and ownable way for StubHub by playing on the powerful emotional territory of pain and pleasure.
- StubHub value and volume market leadership achieved within 8 months.
- Awareness more than doubled – from 22% to 55% within 12 months.
- StubHub brand strength doubled (BAM score).
- Media ROI > 2.0. Real-time pay-as-you-go media model achieved.
- TV, Radio and Cinema Advert
- Tube, Train and Station Adverts
- Roadside Adverts
- Retail Adverts
- Bus & Taxi Adverts
- O2 Arena Adverts
- Wembley Adverts
I saw the ad yesterday it looked great and seeing all the hard work from you guys in the flesh is definitely the highlight of my job!StubHub